Having problems with drugs or alcohol?
- If a person under the influence is in distress or does not respond, Call 911 or seek immediate medical attention.
- Never let them sleep it off. It could result in death.
Symptoms of Overdose:
- Slow or no breathing
- Gurgling, gasping or snoring
- Clammy, cool skin
- Blue lips and nails
Witnesses who seek emergency medical help for an overdose victim are given limited immunity under the Good Samaritan Act. The law protects people who acted in good faith to save a person’s live from being charged with simple possession. Help us spread the word #GoodSamaritanAct
Local Crisis and/or Treatment Options
(Drug Free Manatee does not promote one treatment option over another. If you need advice on the best treatment option for you, we recommend calling the SAMHSA treatment locator where a licensed treatment specialist can direct you to an appropriate program based on your specific needs 24/7)
- SAMHSA Treatment Locator: 800-662-HELP (4357)- 24/7
- Centerstone: 941-782-4617
- Operation PAR: 941-753-0877
- First Step: 941-366-5333
- Coastal Behavioral Healthcare: 941-364-9355
- Suncoast Behavioral Health Center 941-251-5000
- Faith-Based Options available at the Your Life Matter Project